18 February 2009

Player Update: Tom Klein

West Mifflin FC veteran striker Tom Klein sat down for an interview this week to discuss items such as his return to fitness, his return to the squad which remains up in the air, his love of fishing, and his penchant to dabble with dry-wall-dust-based narcotics. Klein suffered a grisly injury this past July which put him out for the season. Although surgery was not necessary doctors decided the best way or him to fully recover was to take the rest of the season off. Klein described the injury which caused the tendons and/or ligaments (I will never, for the life of me, remember which is which and which does what) that connect the lower part of the ankle to around just above the achilles tendon to snap apart and subsequently roll into a ball around the big ball like area around his ankle, as strange. He said:

I didn't really feel it and I'm not totally sure what caused it. Probably when one of the fat asses tackled me. But I remember being subbed off and walking off the pitch and sitting down. After a few minutes I started to feel something in my foot. I didn't think anything else of it until the end of the game when I took off my boot and the entire bottom portion of my leg was black and blue. Then I knew I was crocked.


After seven months, Klein still has not conirmed whether he will play this season or not. I tried vehemently to continue the interview with him, but he said he was too busy with Twilight Princess or watching FPS Doug videos. Talk about nerddom. He also tried to hide a small packet of what resembled sawdust from me when I entered his basement room. He fumbled around with it clumsily and eventually tucked the substance away in a drawer. It would appear that Klein is still battling drywall-based drug demons he has suffered from ever since taking up the art of drywall hanging. At first he would get high just from working and breathing in the dust. But after years of working in such an environment, it appears he continues to have to get his fix. All he does now is collect the stuff in little baggies and take them home to sniff or bake into brownies. Come to consider it, this may well explain the near scrap I had with him at a bar in the southside a few months ago. One moment he was his goofy self, drinking beer, making fun of all of the douchebags at the bar with me, then all of a sudden, like the Hulk, he was threatening to "break me in half." I thought to myself at the time "what the devil's gotten into him?!" Now, it seems I have my answer. It's all very mad isn't it? Well, regardless of what he likes to do in his spare time, he should certainly let managament know what the hell he plans on doing this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you would like to leave feedback for this site regarding players, fixtures/results, or if you have any requests please leave them here. Or, since six total people view this, just call me.